Call For Speakers
We are pleased to invite you to submit a seminar, workshop or short training course at the CMVA Annual Technical Conference to be held in Halifax on October 29 and 30, 2019 at the Lord Nelson Hotel. This year’s theme is Practical applications & solutions: A Journey, Primarily Through Case Studies, Techniques and Practices Used Today in the Predictive Community.
The conditional maintenance community has expressed the need to acquire knowledge applicable to the field and acquired both in practice and theory. In addition, we look forward to learning about new technology & techniques which are a result of a rapidly changing workplace.
Topics to discuss could include:
- Case histories
- Condition monitoring
- Diagnostic of defaults
- Health and safety
- Maintenance and reliability
- Modal analysis
- Motor current analysis
- Operational Deflection Shape (ODS)
- Non-destructive testing
- Rotor dynamics
- Sensors and actuators
- Signal Processing
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Ultrasonic emissions
- Vibration analysis
Student presentations are welcome!
An affordable student registration fee has been set in order to encourage as many students as possible to attend this meeting. A $375 bursary will be awarded for the best presentation (judged by a Peer Panel), as well as CMVA student membership for the year 2020. Only articles written and presented by students as first author will be eligible for student awards, which will be granted during the Happy Hour on Tuesday.
Deadlines to remember
- June 30: Registration form and abstract submission.
- July 31: Acceptance of abstracts by the reading committee.
- August 15: Submission of final articles (PDF) or final workshops and short trainings (PowerPoint or PDF).
- August 30: Acceptance of final articles, workshops & short trainings.
- August 31: CMVA Registration as speaker at Early-bird fee.
Transmission of documents