Louis Lavallée 2022 ATC Keynote address
- By Ken Keith
- 4 weeks ago
- 2 views
Included in this presentation are 4 case studies:
- Commissioning of a New Motor on a Hoffman Blower
- An electrical contactor remains closed after starting the motor. This has the effect of leaving an undesirable circuit impedance.
- High vibration readings from a mining main hoist
- When gears are getting worn out, we can find sub harmonics of the gearmesh in the common factor.
- Abnormal condition of the bearings of the recently installed motor of a hoist.
- Wrong grease used in motor. Thicker grease causes the roller to slip on the bearing race instead of turning.
- Small blower with pillow blocks, repetitive failures.
- Wrong bearing used for this application.