Our Fields of interest
The CMVA fields of interest include machinery dynamics and all aspects of condition monitoring and predictive maintenance of machinery, especially vibration monitoring and analysis.
- The CMVA is a certification body operating certification of persons accredited by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) in accordance with ISO/IEC 17024.
- Encourage the development and application of Canadian and international standards of practice for the fields of interest and for personnel ISO 17024 Accredited certification.
- Encourage the development and application of the fields of interest through presentations, discussions, publications, courses of instruction, personnel certification or other means.
- Gather and share information relating to the fields of interest which are useful to the individual and beneficial to the general public.
- Advance scientific, engineering, and technical knowledge in the fields of interest.
- Note that the CMVA is the only certification body ISO 17024 accredited by the SCC for Vibration Analysis Specialist category I, II and III in Canada. Certification for Alignment Specialist level 1 and 2 is also offered outside the scope of accreditation of the SCC.